Sunday, March 22, 2009

un-babble... finally

It is so damn GOOD to hear a US President speak with complete sentences, cohesive logic, and interesting and original thoughts after 8 years of hearing nothing but top-level babble. I suspect that even Republicans have finally breathed a sigh of relief, despite President Obama's liberal slant. Disagree with his policies, but hail his ability to tell you about them!

For 8 years I was embarrassed by President Bush's inability to speak, make sense, defend his policies in real time, show a semblance of leadership or do anything but embarrass the United States in front of itself and the rest of the world. I was embarrassed by the fact that close to 50% of the American people voted this man into office TWICE! I was enraged that he took us to war to kill so many of our own and innocent Iraqis and to spend so much of our tax dollars. I was saddened that he took a Trillion dollar surplus and turned it upside down. I was disgusted by the enemies that he made around the world for the United States. I couldn't believe the double-speak that created the Homeland Security department and the lack of freedoms meted out to those that spoke against the US and wore a turban.

I didn't watch the TV news during those 8 years, so now I can read about it as history. This is a much better way to do it. I can get through my frustrations fast and see the outcomes immediately as I read the history.

President Obama is an extremely intelligent, but down-to-earth man. Read his books and you find he has thought about everything and has common sense ideas on how to solve them. Most involve using other intelligent people to construct plans and execute them in concert with our legislators and the appropriate community of involvement for the particular issue.

As far as his success as a President, time and events yet to unveil will tell, but to know that the United States is back on track with firm and intelligent leadership is a wonderful feeling. I think I can raise my head in pride now... finally.

3 Comments:

Blogger RVGuys, Newt Perdue said...

Thanks.. that says so much about you. You are an anonymous poster who loves Bush... hmmm. maybe you are Bush.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do ya think about Obama now?

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes please tell me what do you think now, sorry?

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home